Frequently Asked Questions
- All guests over 3 years of age are required to wear 2 layer, non-perforated face coverings in lodges, while waiting in lift lines, while riding chair lifts, shuttles or snow cats, and in any area where maintaining 6’ of separation between yourself and unrelated guests is not possible.
- Guests unwilling to comply with our face covering policy may be ask to leave the premise.
- No Mask: No Powder!
No refunds or credits will be issued if the resort is open on the day of your scheduled visit. If the resort is not open due for any reason on the date of your scheduled visit, we will credit the value of your purchase to a future visit. If you are travelling to the resort and you are unable to travel due to government or municipal restrictions, but the resort is open, we will credit your purchase to a future visit.
Yes. Masks will be required to access any indoor space and, depending on the current conditions, there may be limited/metered access to indoor spaces that may create delays in accessing restrooms. Restrooms will have increased sanitization protocols and will be cleaned with increased frequency throughout the day.
Yes. However in a limited capacity. Currenlty, UTA is only allowing 20 guests per vehicles.
Yes, with reduced hours. Tuesday - Saturday / 12pm - 8pm.
- Please adhere to social distancing and no more than 4 guests in Arbor Lodge lobby at a time.
- No entrance into Outpost Spirits. Our clerk will provide a wine, beer and spirits menu to order from.
- Sanitization stations located throughout Arbor Lodge lobby.
Currently there are no events planned that would congregate groups of people together.
Ski patrollers will treat less severe injuries outdoors. Indoors, ski patrollers will have N95 and face shields during any type of treatment.