Frequently Asked Questions
Masks or face coverings are required indoors and encouraged outdoors when social distancing is not possible.
- Please social distance and respect other guests personal space.
- If you are within 6 feet of another person, please wear a mask.
- National, state, and county mandates can change at any time.
- Masks or face coverings requirements can change at anytime.
- Guests who do not comply will be asked to leave.
No refunds or credits will be issued if the resort is open on the day of your scheduled visit. If the resort is not open due to any reason on the date of your scheduled visit, we will credit the value of your purchase to a future visit. If you are travelling to the resort and you are unable to travel due to government or municipal restrictions, but the resort is open, we will credit your purchase towards a future visit.
Yes. Masks are required to access any indoor space and, depending on the current conditions, there may be limited/metered access to indoor spaces that may create delays in accessing services. Restrooms have increased sanitization protocols and are cleaned with increased frequency throughout the day.
- Please adhere to social distancing.
- Sanitization stations located throughout Arbor Lodge lobby.
Ski Patrollers will treat less severe injuries outdoors. Ski Patrollers will wear appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when working with patients. Cleaning and disinfecting procedures will be in place for aid rooms and equipment.